Gesundheit.

The Place to Find Out About Good New Stuff.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

"Music for Any Occasion"



I almost posted about something else tonight, but then as I sat at my desk and put together business cards to the shuffle feature on my iTunes, something stopped me in my thoughts and I realized that I just had to post this. Jeff Buckley. If you know who Jeff Buckley is, you're nodding in agreement right now. If you don't, consider yourself informed. Jeff Buckley is the one artist who I can listen to at any time, in any mood, for any reason. Ok so Jeff Buckley isn't exactly a new kid on the block, however, for some reason that I still can't understand, some people have actually made it to this day without having heard his name or his music. Oh tragedy! So, here's some background -
Jeff Buckley was born in 1966 and died in a drowning accident in 1997. His first EP was released on Columbia Records in 1993 as he was coming up through the New York City music club circuit. He did do some touring after his EP came out and also recorded a full length album called "Grace." For this album he won France's Gran Prix International du Disque, an honor received before Jeff by the likes of Bob Dylan, Joan Baez, Edith Piaf, and Bruce Springsteen. This is just a weeee bit of information that I gleaned from Jeff's website, which you must immediately check out for more information. OR, you must go to iTunes or your other local music vendor and buy Live at Sin-e and/or Grace. Then, you should really also pick up Sketches for my Sweetheart the Drunk. At some point, I highly recommend getting all of his albums, but for starters lets not break the bank, shall we?
Some good tracks to skip to if you want know: Lover, You Should've Come Over, Hallelujah, Everybody Here Wants You, and Last Goodbye. Oh, there are a lot more but I don't want to overwhelm you. Trust me, go check Jeff out and get back to me. I promise you won't be disappointed. And if you haven't read enough here, go to that crazy site Wikipedia and read on, you reader, you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home