Gesundheit.

The Place to Find Out About Good New Stuff.

Sunday, April 15, 2007

I'm In Love

Remember how I just posted about Mat Kearney and said I'd write again after the show? I haven't been able to wait to do just that. Ok, so Mat Kearney was good, but by the time he played I was kind of tired and annoyed with the club/vibe, which was kind of too bad. BUT, I couldn't get home fast enough to buy THIS cd:

This is Rocco DeLuca, the guy who I quoted on Friday about the blues, and I was totally right that he was good. Not even good, he was AMAZING. I just bought the album from iTunes and am recommending it to everyone, strongly. DeLuca is on Kiefer Sutherland's new label/studio venture, along with Ron Sexsmith and Lifehouse. The first thing I said to Mike was that he sounds like Jeff Buckley with a little different flavor, not quite as dramatic, but still very delicious. A huge part of Rocco's sound is his Dobro playing which just rocks. Check out these tracks first: Gift, Swing Low, and Dope. iTunes' blurb about this guy compares him to Buckley, Robert Plant, Jack White, and Ian Astbury. I love this album, this singer, and I can't wait until the next record. Check this guy out, buy a CD ($10 is a DEAL, let me tell you), and if you get the chance, get to a show - give the guy some support, you won't be sorry, I promise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home