Gesundheit.

The Place to Find Out About Good New Stuff.

Saturday, September 23, 2006

"You Won't Forget This Voice"

This one goes out to my cousin Lindsay, who is currently studying abroad in France. As if she has nothing better to do with her time than to read my blog, I know she will get to it some day. For you who like Bob Dylan, and for fans of Tom Waits... I'd like you to meet Micah P. Hinson. I first heard this dude when he opened for David Gray at the Avalon in Boston earlier this year. Granted, the Avalon is not exactly an arena, so the vibe of the show was more intimate and chill, but you have to figure that anyone who gets chosen to open for David Gray is pretty damn good to start with. So I can't even begin to convey to you all how entirely captivating Micah is when he starts strumming and then when he starts singing... sweet Jesus! Definitely something for the more melancholy times, but I would hope it becomes your first choice for those times. Seriously. You can buy Micah's albums on iTunes and check out his MySpace page. As usual, run, don't walk. You want to hear this guy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home