Gesundheit.

The Place to Find Out About Good New Stuff.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

"Accessorize!"

Want to know where to get some tasty accessories on the cheap? Don't we all! I'm so tired of going to stores where jewelry costs me as much as the clothes they're selling. Ummm, then I guess we're either going clothed with no fun sideshows, or naked with hot embellishments! Believe me, I make it my personal mission to shop for great things at discount or otherwise reasonable prices. (Why else do you think I spend so much time at outlets and semi-annual sales?....) Anyhoo, want to know some hot spots? Ok.

ALDO. Yep, its a shoe store that sometimes has comfortable, fun stuff. I mean, its almost always got a cute inventory, but not always worth the price or the pain. And yet, you can always count on them to have great trendy and decent-good quality earrings/necklaces/bags and the like. I've bought earrings there for as low as $6, and those happen to be the same earrings that I wear 3 times a week because they are (a) in style and (b) go with almost everything.

The other fun, fun, FUN place I like to go is Jasmine Sola, which sadly seems to be just an East Coast thing(?). Ok, Northeast and Miami. Ummm, right. But yeah... so for those of us in MA, CT, RI and NY - let's go shopping! Yeah, JS is actually a full-line clothing and shoe store. Lots of great denim and fun style choices, and also men's stuff. But we're talking about accessories here. Any JS store I've entered has at least 12 racks of earrings and necklaces, as well as bracelets, belts, cute socks (who wears socks?), sunglasses, hair things, and other random business. The clothing items in the store are usually a pretty penny, but they seem to balance that expense out with nicely priced fun stuff.

I'll keep looking out for good bargains on cute stuff. Until then, you know where to go. Over and out. And off to bed.

ADDENDUM: HOW could I be so careless as to forget one of my other favorite first stops for good accessories?! The place to go for classier and more work-appropriate stuff that will, consequently, cost a little more, is Banana Republic. Shocked? Tell me you haven't seen their jewelry cases in some stores. Better offerings online, as with most places. I adore their stuff, and am always willing to pay the $15 and up for stuff that is well made and classic. I suggest browsing their website for the best selection, or head to your local storefront if its a good-sized spot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home