Gesundheit.

The Place to Find Out About Good New Stuff.

Friday, September 15, 2006

"More Matte Madness"

Ok, so if you read my earlier post about Perricone's toner pads and my quest for the anti-shine, you may recall that I mentioned trying out a couple products in that effort. Its high time for me to introduce you to the other product that I tried that I really think I am in love with. I am obsessed with moisturizing my skin adequately both in the morning and at night. Tres importante. Unfortunately, until now that morning moisture kick has never quite agreed with me and ends up leading my skin into that late-morning shiny slickness that just doesn't quite go away. I used to try re-applying my powder, but that just made things progressively more cakey by the end of the day.
After reading Carmindy's comments on de-shining your face, I started thinking that I should run out and find myself a shine-defying product. I was informed, however, that most of these products are not that great for your skin, primarily because they just block your pores. That is bad. So, if thats the case, what is a girl to do, you ask? Behold.

Decleor's Aroma Purete Matt Finish Skin Fluid. I truly heart this stuff. Its so light, so fresh, and so.... mattifying! It glides on and parties so well with my foundation/base. And oil slicks - nowhere in sight! I use a pea-sized dollop on clean skin, and you know what? I think this tube is going to last forever! And that makes me feel a little more okay with the $38 sticker price. The indication is for combination or oily skin, so this is probably not the product for you if you have dry skin. But I actually consider myself the sensitive type, and that seems to be just fine. If you're interested in taking little Mr. Decleor for a spin, go to Sephora and ask for a sample to take home. They do that there. Don't let them talk you into just buying anything - those crazy (and kind of severe, no?) salespeople. Let me know how it goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home