Gesundheit.

The Place to Find Out About Good New Stuff.

Friday, August 04, 2006

"New Songbird on the Scene"

Tired of listening to the same stuff on the radio or your iPod all the time? Me too. So I read about a "new" artist the other day in Billboard (I think) and something inspired me to go immediately to iTunes and check her out. Meet Amel Larrieux.


Formerly one-half of the R&B duo Groove Theory, Amel released her solo debut, Infinite Possibilities in 2000. She has two albums out since then - Bravebirdand the newly released Morning - and I highly recommend investing in one or both of them. While generally classified as an R&B artist, I've also seen neo-soul, hip hop, jazz, folk and pop used to describe the influences you'll hear in Amel's music. As far as I'm concerned, my first reaction was to think she's the Erykah Badu of the 2000s and maybe with a little India.Arie thrown in... But maybe I'm the only one. GREAT, great chick music for relaxing or getting ready to go out. If you want to know a good track to start with, try "Earn My Affections." It will get you feeling sexy and womanly and no-BS. Next, I suggest moving on to "Unanswered Question." If you're looking for a new romantic song to get close to a guy with, give a listen to "No One Else."

Let me know what you think.




photo courtesy of wikipedia

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home