Gesundheit.

The Place to Find Out About Good New Stuff.

Friday, July 27, 2007

Just An Observation

I recently started a new job which puts my morning commute right smack in the middle of downtown Boston. As such, I am exposed every day to the unfortunate fashion chaos that is Boston's financial district. Now, you might wonder why I think I am so gifted that I should be criticizing other people's wardrobes, but lets just put it this way - I'm the one writing this blog, so I can say whatever I want. Hooray!
So, I will now periodically be posting my morning column, entitled "Just An Observation". Let us begin....

Just an observation, but:

1. I'm going to start with pants. As in trousers. As in things that covers your legs - allll of your legs, in all of their glory. Please people, if you make 5 smart fashion moves in your life, one of the top 2 or 3 moves should be to FIND A GOOD TAILOR. Honestly. The difference between someone with pants that drag just a little and get soiled, or that look like they were the perfect length when you bought them, but after that first round in the dryer you learned your lesson about high temperatures and 100% cotton, is inarguable! Everyone looks much more polished when their clothes actually fit them properly, and a good tailor shouldn't charge you more than around $25 for a hem adjustment.

2. I have been an offender of this second crime, but I've repented and learned better now. LADIES. SHOES. When your shoes are so sad and tired that they are worn down in the heel to the bare metal or plastic or hard cork or whatever evil substance is in there, take whatever is left of your paycheck and get thee to a smithee! When you're that person click-clicking down the sidewalk or hallway (even worse!) so loud that everyone knows you can't afford a new pair of shoes, you've got problems. And if you're like me, and sometimes you just really love the shoes, then find a cobbler, and toss that man the $20 it takes to put another plastic thingy on the end of the heel so you can return to your stealthy gait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home